Vijendra Swarup, M.D., F.A.C.C., F.H.R.S.Akash Makkar, M.D., F.H.R.S.
Phone: 602-456-2342Fax: 602-688-2342
DIRECTOR, ARIZONA HEART RHYTHM CENTER
Dr. Vijay Swarup has been practicing clinical cardiac electrophysiology in Arizona since 2002. Before joining practice he completed a fellowship in clinical cardiac electrophysiology at the University of Chicago Hospitals and Loyola University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois.
Dr. Swarup earned his bachelor and medical degrees at the University of Delhi in New Delhi. He continued his education at St. Louis University School of Medicine, completing an internal medicine residency and a research fellowship in molecular cardiology. He completed a Cardiovascular Disease fellowship at the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, he then pursued Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology fellowship at the University of Chicago Hospitals and Loyola University Medical Center in Chicago, IL.
Dr. Swarup has received specialized training in performing complex arrhythmia treatments including trans-catheter ablations. He has special interest in 3 Dimensional Electroanatomical mapping techniques, left atrial appendage occlusion techniques and ablative therapies for atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia.
In Arizona, Dr. Swarup was among the first to perform epicardial and endocardial 3D mapping guided ablation of ischemic ventricular tachycardias, open irrigated ablations, Robotic catheter ablations for arrhythmias and implantation to left atrial appendage occlusion devices. Dr. Swarup
has one of the largest experience in AF and VT ablations and implantation of LAA occlusion devices in the country. Dr. Swarup is also an active researcher of new ablation techniques, having authored numerous abstracts and manuscripts. He has been the principal investigator in many research protocols investigating promising new ablation techniques and devices for treatment of arrhythmias.
Dr. Swarup is board certified in Cardiovascular Diseases and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
1. Percutaneous Left Atrial Appendage Closure vs Warfarin for Atrial Fibrillation: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Vivek Y. Reddy, MD; Horst Sievert, MD; Jonathan Halperin, MD; Shephal K. Doshi, MD; Maurice Buchbinder, MD; Petr Neuzil, MD, PhD; Kenneth Huber, MD; Brian Whisenant, MD; Saibal Kar, MD; Vijay Swarup, MD; Nicole Gordon, BSEE; David Holmes, MD ; for the PROTECT AF Steering Committee and Investigators. JAMA. 2014;312(19):1988-1998. doi:10.1001/jama.2014.15192.
2. Rotors and Focal Sources for Human Atrial Fibrillation Are Spatially and Temporally Stable. Vijay Swarup, Arizona Heart Hosp, Phoenix, AZ; Tina Baykaner, UCSD, San Diego, CA; Junaid Zaman, Imperial Coll, London, London, United Kingdom; James Daubert, Duke Univ, Durham, NC; John Hummel, Ohio State Univ, Columbus, OH; David E Krummen, UCSD Medical Ctr, La Jolla, CA; John Miller, Indiana Univ, Indianapolis, IN; Geri Tomassoni, Central Baptist Hosp, Lexington, KY; Sanjiv Narayan, UCSD Medical Ctr, La Jolla, CA, AHA Scientific Sessions November 17, 2014
3. Stability of Rotors and Focal Sources for Human Atrial Fibrillation: Focal Impulse and Rotor Mapping (FIRM) of AF Sources and Fibrillatory Conduction. Swarup V, Baykaner T, Rostamian A, Daubert J, Hummel J, Krummen DE, Trikha R, Miller JM, Tomassoni G, Narayan SM., J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2014 Sep 26. doi: 10.1111/jce.12559
4. Initial Independent Outcomes from Focal Impulse and Rotor Modulation Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation: Multicenter FIRM Registry. Miller JM Kowal RC Swarup V Daubert JP Daoud EG Day JD Ellenbogen KA Hummel JD Baykaner T Krummen DE Narayan SM Reddy VY Shivkumar K Steinberg JS Wheelan KR, J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol – 2014 Jun 19
5. Percutaneous left ventricular assist devices in ventricular tachycardia ablation: multicenter experience. Reddy YM Chinitz L Mansour M Bunch TJ Mahapatra S Swarup V Di Biase L Bommana S Atkins D Tung R Shivkumar K Burkhardt JD Ruskin J Natale A Lakkireddy D, Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol – 2014 Apr
6. Quality of life assessment in the randomized PROTECT AF (Percutaneous Closure of the Left Atrial Appendage Versus Warfarin Therapy for Prevention of Stroke in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation) trial of patients at risk for stroke with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation. Doshi S Kar S Reddy V Sievert H Mullin C Swarup V Whisenant B Holmes D Jr, J Am Coll Cardiol – 2013 Apr 30
7. Post procedural neuropathy after atrial fibrillation ablation. Reddy YM Singh D Chikkam V Bommana S Atkins D Verma A Swarup V Khaykin Y Nalamachu S Pasnoor M Lakkireddy D, J Interv Card Electrophysiol – 2013 Apr
8. Percutaneous left atrial appendage closure for stroke prophylaxis in patients with atrial fibrillation: 2.3-Year Follow-up of the PROTECT AF (Watchman Left Atrial Appendage System for Embolic Protection in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation) Trial. Reddy VY Doshi SK Sievert H Buchbinder M Neuzil P Huber K Halperin JL Holmes D, Circulation – 2013 Feb 12
9. Reduction in inappropriate therapy and mortality through ICD programming. Moss AJ Schuger C Beck CA Brown MW Cannom DS Daubert JP Estes NA 3rd Greenberg H Hall WJ Huang DT Kautzner J Klein H McNitt S Olshansky B Shoda M Wilber…, N Engl J Med – 2012 Dec 13
10. Radiofrequency ablation of premature ventricular ectopy improves the efficacy of cardiac resynchronization therapy in nonresponders. Lakkireddy D Di Biase L Ryschon K Biria M Swarup V Reddy YM Verma A Bommana S Burkhardt D Dendi R Dello Russo A Casella M Carbucicchio C Tondo C Dawn B Natale A, J Am Coll Cardiol – 2012 Oct 16
11. Feasibility and safety of dabigatran versus warfarin for periprocedural anticoagulation in patients undergoing radiofrequency ablation for atrial fibrillation: results from a multicenter prospective registry. Lakkireddy D Reddy YM Di Biase L Vanga SR Santangeli P Swarup V Pimentel R Mansour MC D’Avila A Sanchez JE Burkhardt JD Chalhoub F Mohanty P Coffey J Shaik N Monir G R…, J Am Coll Cardiol – 2012 Mar 27
12. Subgroup analysis of a randomized controlled trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of cardiac contractility modulation in advanced heart failure. Abraham WT Nademanee K Volosin K Krueger S Neelagaru S Raval N Obel O Weiner S Wish M Carson P Ellenbogen K Bourge R Parides M Chiacchierini RP Goldsmith…, J Card Fail – 2011 Sep
13. Comparison of antiarrhythmic drug therapy and radiofrequency catheter ablation in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: a randomized controlled trial. Wilber DJ Pappone C Neuzil P De Paola A Marchlinski F Natale A Macle L Daoud EG Calkins H Hall B Reddy V Augello G Reynolds MR Vinekar C Liu CY Berry SM…, JAMA – 2010 Jan 27
14. Percutaneous closure of the left atrial appendage versus warfarin therapy for prevention of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation: a randomised non-inferiority trial. Holmes DR Reddy VY Turi ZG Doshi SK Sievert H Buchbinder M Mullin CM Sick P, Lancet – 2009 Aug 15
15. A randomized controlled trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of cardiac contractility modulation in patients with systolic heart failure: rationale, design, and baseline patient characteristics. Abraham WT Burkhoff D Nademanee K Carson P Bourge R Ellenbogen KA Parides M Kadish A, Am Heart J – 2008 Oct
16. Acute and long-term efficacy and safety of catheter cryoablation of the cavotricuspid isthmus for treatment of type 1 atrial flutter. Feld GK Daubert JP Weiss R Miles WM Pelkey W, Heart Rhythm – 2008 Jul
17. Hypersensitive carotid sinus syndrome due to neurofibromatosis-1 and manifested by repeated episodes of syncope. Sutherland JA Stobie P Swarup V Tierney SP Lin AC Burke MC, Pacing Clin Electrophysiol – 2004 Nov
18. Ablation of epicardial macroreentrant ventricular tachycardia associated with idiopathic nonischemic dilated cardiomyopathy by a percutaneous transthoracic approach. Swarup, V., Morton, J. B., Arruda, M., Wilber, D. J., J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol – 2002 Nov
19. Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation Rotors and Focal Sources Improves Outcome Over Conventional Ablation Alone in Independent Laboratories: Multicenter Validation of Focal Impulse and Rotor Modulation (FIRM). John M Miller; David E Krummen; Paul Clopton; John D Day; James P Daubert; Kenneth A Ellenbogen; John D Hummel; Robert C Kowal; Moussa C Mansour; Vivek Y Reddy; Kalyanam Shivkumar; Jonathan S Steinberg; Vijay Swarup; Kevin R Wheelan; Sanjiv M Narayan. Abstract 16890 Circulation
20. Baroreflex Activation Therapy for the Treatment of Heart Failure with a Reduced Ejection Fraction.William T. Abraham, Michael Zile, Fred Weaver, Christian Butter, Anique Ducharme, Marcel Halbach, Didier Klug, Eric Lovett, Jochen Muller-Ehmsen, Jill Schafer, Michele Senni, Vijay Swarup, Rolf Wachter, William Little, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA. Late Breaking Session 414 – Featured Clinical Research II ACC Scientific Session San Diego, March 16, 2015
21. Prevalence of Fragmented QRS Complexes in Non-Ischemic Dilated Cardiomyopathy Patients and Long Term Prognosis. Subba Reddy Vanga; Scott Koerber; Luigi DiBiase; Atul Verma; Sudharani Bommana; Vijay Swarup; Andrea Natale; Buddhadeb Dawn; Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy Circulation Abstract 20836
21. LEFT ATRIAL APPENDAGE LIGATION AND ABLATION FOR PERSISTENT ATRIAL FIBRILLATION (LAALA-AF REGISTRY) Dhanunjaya R. Lakkireddy; Madhu Reddy; Arun Raghav Mahankali Sridhar; Jayasree Pillarisetti; Ryan Maybrook; Arun Kanmanthareddy; Matthew Earnest; Vijay Swarup; Donita Atkins; Sudharani Bommana; Jayant Nath; Ryan Ferrell; Buddhadeb Dawn. JACC Volume 63, Issue 12_S, April 2014
22. Impact of Left Atrial Appendage Ligation Using Lariat on Atrial Arrhythmia Burden in Patients with Implantable Cardiac Devices. Arun Kanmanthareddy, MD, Madhu Reddy, MD, Pramod Janga, MBBS, Ajay Vallakati, MD, Matthew Earnest, MD, Jayant Nath, MD, Sudharani Bommana, MSc, Melissa Jaeger, RN, BSN…, HRS2014, San Francisco, CA – 5/10/2014. PO06-43
23. Left Atrial Appendage Ligation and Ablation for Persistent Atrial Fibrillation Results of the LAALA-AF Registry. Dhanujaya R. Lakkireddy, MD, FHRS, Madhu Reddy, MD, Arun Raghav Mahankali Sridhar, MD, MPH, Matthew Earnest, MD, Arun Kanmanthareddy, MD, Ryan J. Maybrook, MD, Jayasre…, HRS 2014, San Francisco. CA – 5/7/2014; PO01-123
24. Differences in leak patterns and clinical implications of Left Atrial Appendage Exclusion Using Lariat and Watchman devices. Dhanujaya R. Lakkireddy, MD, FHRS, Madhu Reddy, MD, Arun Kanmanthareddy, MD, Ajay Vallakati, MD, Arun Raghav Mahankali Sridhar, MD, MPH, Pramod Janga, MBBS, Nitish Bad…, HRS 2014, San Francisco, CA – 5/7/2014, PO01-125
25. Similar Long-Term Freedom From Persistent or Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation After Ablation of Patient-Specific Rotors and Focal Sources: Multicenter FIRM Study. John M. Miller, MD, FHRS, Robert C. Kowal, MD, PhD, Vijay Swarup, MD, James P. Daubert, MD, FHRS, Emile G. Daoud, MD, FHRS, John D. Day, MD, FHRS, Kenneth A. Ellenboge…, HRS 2014, San Francisco, CA – 5/7/2014, PO01-127
26. Acute Termination of Atrial Fibrillation Does Not Predict Long-Term Outcome After Rotor Elimination by Focal Impulse and Rotor Modulation (FIRM): Multicenter FIRM-AF Registry. Vijay Swarup, MD, FHRS, Tina Baykaner, MD, David E. Krummen, MD, Sanjiv M. Narayan, MD, FHRS, Kalyanam Shivkumar, MD, PHD, FHRS, John M. Miller, MD, FHRS and Jonathan …, HRS 2014, San Francisco, CA – 5/7/2014, PO01-152
27. Significance Of Peri-device Leaks After Watchman Device Implant In Patients With Atrial Fibrillation. Vijay Swarup, MD, FHRS, Mohammed Baqdunes, MD, Nikhita Sachdeva, No Degree, Imran R. Sheikh, MD, Nitin Patel, MD, Wendy Schwoegler, BSc, Peter Masci, BSc and Nicholas …, HRS 2013, Denver, CO – 5/8/2013, PO01-124
28. Impact of Colchicine on Post Procedural Pericardial Inflammation and Pain after LARIAT Left Atrial Appendage Ligation. Ajay Vallakati, MBBS, Pramod Janga, MBBS, Madhu Reddy, MD, Jayanth Nath, MD, Ryan Ferrell, MD, Steven Freeman, MD, Vijay Swarup, MD, Wissam Baduke, MD, Nithish Badhwar…, HRS 2013, Denver, CO – 5/11/2013, PO06-75
29. Focal Impulse and Rotor Modulation (FIRM) At a Stable Right Atrial Rotor Converts Persistent Atrial Fibrillation to Reentrant Atrial Tachycardia at the Same Location: Direct Evidence for Fibrillatory conduction. Vijay Swarup, MD, FHRS, Ruchir Sehra, MD, Imran Sheikh, MD, Robert Strumpf, MD, Cindy Ethel, RN, Suzy Welch, RN and Carla Bruning, PA., HRS 2013, Denver, CO – 5/10/2013, PO05-185
30. Identification of Stable Atrial Fibrillation Rotors for FIRM Ablation Requires Good Electrode Contact For High Electrogram Fidelity. Vijay Swarup, MD, FHRS, James Daubert, MD, John Day, MD, Kenneth Ellenbogen, MD, John Hummel, MD, Robert Kowal, MD, David Krummen, MD, John Miller, MD, Sanjiv M. Naray…, HRS 2013, Denver, CO – 5/10/2013, PO05-77
31. Localized Focal Impulse and Rotor Modulation (FIRM) Terminates Atrial Fibrillation into Micro-Reentry, Residual Atrial Tachycardia or Sinus Rhythm: A Unifying Mechanistic Hypothesis. Robert C. Kowal, MD, PhD, FHRS, Roderick Tung, MD, PhD, FHRS, James Daubert, MD, PhD, FHRS, John Day, MD, PhD, FHRS, Kenneth Ellenbogen, MD, PhD, FHRS, John Hummel, MD…, HRS 2013, Denver, CO – 5/10/2013, AB33-06
32. Results of Focal Impulse and Rotor Modulation (FIRM) for Atrial Fibrillation Are Equivalent Between Patients Treated in San Diego Compared with Sites New to FIRM Ablation: An Extended Multi-center Experience. Robert C. Kowal, MD, PhD, FHRS, James Daubert, MD, PhD, FHRS, John Day, MD, PhD, FHRS, Kenneth Ellenbogen, MD, PhD, FHRS, John Hummel, MD, PhD, FHRS, David E. Krummen,…, HRS 2013, Denver, CO – 5/10/2013, MP03-1
33. Stable Atrial Fibrillation Rotors and Focal Sources Lie in Diverse Bi-Atrial Locations Often Remote from the Pulmonary Veins. Vijay Swarup, MD, FHRS, James Daubert, MD, John Day, MD, Kenneth Ellenbogen, MD, John Hummel, MD, Robert Kowal, MD, David Krummen, MD, John Miller, MD, Sanjiv M. Naray…, HRS 2013, Denver, CO – 5/10/2013, AB34-05
34. Uninterrupted Rivaroxaban vs. Warfarin for Periprocedural Anticoagulantion During Atrial Fibrillation Ablation: A Multicenter Experience. Dhanujaya R. Lakkireddy, MD, FHRS, Madhu Reddy, MD, FHRS, Vijay Swarup, MD, FHRS, Wisam Bakdunes, MD, FHRS, Moussa Mansour, MD, FHRS, Fadi Chaloub, MD, FHRS, Jeremy Ru…, HRS 2013, Denver, CO – 5/10/2013, AB33-01
35. Atrial Fibrillation Sources Targeted for Focal Impulse and Rotor Modulation (FIRM) Are Stable in Location for Thousands of Cycles. Vijay Swarup, MD, FHRS, David Krummen, MD, John Miller, MD, Sanjiv M. Narayan, MD, PHD, FHRS, Ruchir Sehra, MD and Kalyanam Shivkumar, MD, PhD., HRS 2013, Denver, CO – 5/9/2013, Special Session, AF Summit 2013
36. Comparison of Left Atrial Appendage Patency After Left Atrial Appendage Exclusion with an Occlusion vs. Ligation Device. Madhu Reddy, MD, Ajay Vallakati, MD, Pramod Janga, MBBS, Hemant Boolani, MD, Donita Atkins, RN, Nitish Badhwar, MD, Randall Lee, MD, Luigi Di Biase, MD, Matthew Earnes…, HRS 2013, Denver, CO – 5/8/2013, PO01-74
37. Predictors of Severe Left Atrial Scarring in Patients with Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation: Unveiling a new Syndrome of Atriomyopathy. Madhu Reddy, MD, Luigi Di Biase, MD, Ajay Vallakati, MD, Vijay Swarup, MD, Linda Umbarger, MD, Wisam Bakdunes, MD, Sudharani Bommana, MS, Donita Atkins, RN, Andrea Nat…, HRS 2013, Denver, CO – 5/8/2013, PO01-122.
38. Long Term Results Of Protect AF: The Mortality Effects Of Left Atrial Appendage Closure Versus Warfarin For Stroke Prophylaxis In AF. Vivek Reddy, MD, Shephal Doshi, MD, Horst Sievert, MD, Maurice Buchbinder, MD, Petr Neuzil, MD, Kenneth Huber, MD, Saibal Kar, MD, Jonathan Halperin, MD, Brian Whisena…, HRS 2013, SP21. Late-Breaking Clinical Trials I Denver, CO – 5/9/2013
39. LAA Closure With the Watchman Device A review of techniques and clinical studies. Arun Kanmanthareddy, MD; Yeruva Madhu Reddy, MD;Jayasree Pillarisetti, MD; Vijay Swarup, MD; and Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy, MD
40. Treatment Of Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation By Targeted Elimination Of Stable Rotors And Focal Sources Without Pulmonary Vein Isolation: The Precise Rotor Elimination Without Concomitant Pulmonary Vein Isolation For Subsiquent Elimination of PAF (PRECISE) Trial. Sanjiv Narayan, MD, PHD, FHRS, David Krummen, MD, Alan Donsky, MD, Vijay Swarup, MD, Gery Tomassoni, MD and John Miller, MD, FHRS, HRS 2013, Late-Breaking Clinical Trials SP21. Late-Breaking Clinical Trials I, Denver CO – 5/9/2013
41. Graded Effect Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction on Outcomes of Ventricular Tachycardia Ablation: A Multicenter Experience. Madhu Reddy, MD, Moussa Mansour, MD, Hemant Boolani, MD, Luigi DiBiase, MD, PhD, FHRS, David Burkhardt, MD, Kalyanam Shivkumar, MD, PhD, FHRS, Raghuveer Dendi, MD, Don…, Heart Rhythm Vol. 9 No. 8 – 8/2012
42. Atrial Fibrillation Ablation in Patients With Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion Device. Madhu Reddy, MD, Hemant Boolani, MD, Vijay Swarup, MD, Jared Bunch, MD, John Day, MD, Shephal Doshi, MD, Luigi Dibiase, MD, PhD, FHRS, Rong Bai, MD, Rodney Horton, MD,…, Heart Rhythm Vol. 9 No. 8 – 8/2012
43. Impact of Low Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction on Mortality After Ventricular Tachycardia Ablation. Madhu Reddy, Moussa Mansour, Fadi Chalhoub, Luigi Di Biase, Roderick Tung, Vijay Swarup, Srijoy Mahapatra, Thomas Bunch, Larry Chinitz, Hemant Boolani, Namratha Reddy,…, Journal of the American College of Cardiology; Vol. 59, No. 13 – 3/27/2012
44. Effect of Endoepicardial Percutaneous Left Atrial Appendage Ligation (LARIAT) on Arrhythmia Burden in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation. D. Lakkireddy, M. Earnest, P. Janga, M. Reddy, A. Vallakati, J. Nath, R. Ferrell, S. Freeman, N.Badhwar, R. Lee, A. Natale, V. Swarup, Journal of American College of Cardiology; J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;61(10_S)
45. Role of Percutaneous Left Ventricular Assist Devices in Unstable Ventricular Arrhythmia Ablation. Madhu Reddy, Srijoy Mahapatra, Moussa Mansour, Thomas Jared Bunch, Vijay Swarup, Larry Chinitz, Luigi Di Biase, Hemant Boolani,Jayasree Pillarisetti, Namratha Reddy, S…, Journal of the American College of Cardiology; Vol. 59, No. 13 – 3/2012
46. Reducing Radiation Exposure in the EP Lab; Vijay Swarup, MD, FHRS, EP Lab Digest: Volume 13 – Issue 11 – November 2013
47. Impact Of Low Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction On Mortality After Ventricular Tachycardia Ablation: A MULTICENTER EXPERIENCE. Madhu Reddy; Moussa Mansour; Fadi Chalhoub; Luigi Di Biase; Roderick Tung; Vijay Swarup; Srijoy Mahapatra; Thomas Bunch; Larry Chinitz; Hemant Boolani; Namratha Reddy; Sudharani Bommana; Donita Atkins; Raghuveer Dendi; Kalyanam Shivkumar; Andrea Natale; Jeremy Ruskin; Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy, J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;59(13s1):E627-E627. doi:10.1016/S0735-1097(12)60628-7
48. Hypersensitive Carotid Sinus Syndrome due to Neurofibromatosis 1 and Manifested by Repeated Episodes of Syncope. Jessica Sutherland, Paul Stobie, Vijendra Swarup, Sean Tierney, Albert Lin, Martin Burke, PACE; 27;1571-73 – 2004
49. Persistent vs Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation: Similar outcomes following segmental lasso guided pulmonary vein isolation. Joseph B Morton, Albert C Lin, Vijendra Swarup, Sean P Tierney, John J Cai, Martin C Burke, Paul Stobie, Mauricio S Arruda, David J Wilber, PACE, Vol 26, No 4, Part II, pp. 1096 – 4/2003
50. Impact of early atrial fibrillation recurrence post segmental pulmonary vein isolation upon long-term arrhythmia free status. Joseph B Morton, Albert C Lin, Vijendra Swarup, Sean P Tierney, John J Cai, Martin C Burke, Paul Stobie, Mauricio S Arruda, David J Wilber, PACE, Vol 26, No 4, Part II, pp. 1008 – 4/2003
51. The Common Left Pulmonary Vein: Intracardiac ultrasound characteristics and impact upon pulmonary vein isolation. Joseph B. Morton, Vijendra Swarup, Paul Stobie Sean Tierney, Albert Lin, Mauricio Arruda, Martin Burke, David J. Wilber, American College of Cardiology Vol 41, No 6 – 3/2003
52. Postinfarction Ventricular Tachycardia: Outcome of Catheter Ablation Guided by Substrate Mapping compared to Entrainment Mapping. Vijendra Swarup, Martin C Burke, Mauricio Arruda, Koji Azegami, Albert C Lin, Paul Stobie, David J Wilber, PACE, Vol 25, No 4, Part II, pp. 533 – 4/2002
53. Electrocardiographic Criteria for Predicting Site of Origin of Right Ventricular Outflow Tract Tachycardia: Validation Using Electroanatomical Mapping. Paul Stobie, Raluca C Rosca-Sichitiu, Koji Azegami, Martin C Burke, Albert C Lin, Michael Alberts, Vijendra Swarup, David J Wilber, PACE, Vol 25, No 4, Part II, pp. 532 – 4/2002
54. Circumferential Ablation of Pulmonary Vein Ostea Using Different Energy Sources: Determinants of Permanent Isolation. Mauricio Arruda, Koji Azegami, Zhong Wang, Robert Anders, Martin Burke, Albert Lin, Vijendra Swarup, Paul Stobie, David Wilber, PACE, Vol 25, No 4, Part II, pp. 709 – 4/2002
55. Analysis of Potential Location of Reentrant Circuit Exit Sites in Patients with Postinfarction Ventricular Tachycardia Using Electroanatomical Imaging. Koji Azegami, David J. Wilber, Mauricio S. Arruda, , Martin C. Burke, Albert C. Lin, Vijendra Swarup, PACE, Vol 25, No 4, Part II, pp. 591 – 4/2002
56. Four Vessel Pulmonary Vein Isolation Guided by Intra-Cardiac Echocardiography Without Contrast Venography in Patients With Drug Refractory Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation. Vijendra Swarup, Koji Azegami, Mauricio S. Arruda, Martin C. Burke, Albert C. Lin, David J. Wilber, Journal of American College of Cardiology Vol 39, No 5 (supplement A), 114 A,859-6 – 3/2002
57. Circumferential Ultrasound Ablation of Pulmonary Vein Ostia: Relationship Between Ablation Time and Lesion Formation. Koji Azegami, Mauricio S. Arruda, Robert Anders, Zhong Wang, Martin Burke, Albert Lin, Vijendra Swarup, David J. Wilber, Journal of American College of Cardiology Vol 39, No 5 (supplement A), 106 A,1137-117 – 3/2002
58. Perioperative Left Atrial Dysfunction Predicts Postoperative Atrial Fibrillation. Vijendra Swarup, Anthony G. Scott, James T. Fitzpatrick, Arnold Greenspon, Joel S. Raichlen, Circulation, Vol. 102, No 18, II-662 – 10/2000
59. Risk of Post-Operative Hemorrhage associated with Ticlopidine or Clopidogrel use Prior to Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting. Vijendra Swarup, Charles J. Oh, Richard Edie, David L. Fischman and Michael P. Savage, Circulation, Vol. 102, No 18, II-648 – 10/2000
60. Detection of Myocardial Ischemia Using Additional Left Posterior and Right Precordial Leads During Exercise Electrocardiography. Vijendra Swarup, Neal Skop, Joel S. Raichlen, Journal of American College of Cardiology Vol 35, No 2 (supplement A), 210 A – 2/2000
61. Cost-Effectiveness of Preoperative Screening with Dipyridamole Stress Myocardial Perfusion Imaging before Renal Transplantation Surgery. Vijendra Swarup, Liva T Younis, D Douglas Miller, Circulation, Vol. 94, No 8, I-60 – 10/1996
Dr. Swarup is an active researcher, having authored numerous abstracts and manuscripts. He has been the principal investigator in many research protocols investigating promising new ablation techniques and devices for treatment of arrhythmias. For listing of CURRENT CLINICAL TRIALS – Click here.